2 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Cleans service closets, basements and attics.
- Check that things are no longer useful or that you no longer want. Some perhaps you can consider selling or donating it to a foundation, Red Cross, etc..
- Make a complete inventory of the items to be moved.
- Start eating canned food and frozen and refrigerated foods only purchase you need for these two weeks.
- If you receive newspaper or bank correspondence, notify them your change of address.
- Cancel your contract cable or satellite, or check the installation to make your new home.
- Begin to settle your bills for electricity, water, gas, telephone, etc.
1 WEEK BEFORE
- Start reviewing your new home to connect the electricity, water, gas, telephone, etc.
- Get who you disconnect the washing center and stove in case that you are going to wear.
- No packaging items that are flammable sprays, matches, lighter fuel, etc..
3 DAYS BEFORE
- If you yourself are going to pack your stuff starts to pack fragile items using boxes. This will give you time to get special material to prevent abuse them.
- Prepare a box at least with the things you need to have on hand to spend the first night at home, such as toothbrushes, blankets, pillows.
- Start packing your clothes, books and food that should be refrigerated.
- Check whether you’re moving furniture fit for access if you need to disassemble any or if you require any maneuver flown.
1 day before
- Defrost and clean the refrigerator and freezer.
- If you hire a packing service this is usually done the day before the move.
- Make sure you have someone overseeing the packing.
- Check that fragile items are treated specially.
- Label the boxes according to their content and brand preference in that room must also go into your new home.
- Load items that take with you.
- Check each room one last time before you leave the truck to not forget anything.
- Give your mobile number and the truck driver takes his for the unexpected.
- Check that the address has the correct driver.
- Try to get to your new home before moving.
- Relax!. We enjoy working for your change.